Saturday, January 31, 2015

Should You Utilize Targeted Keywords In URLs

‘Should you utilize targeted keywords in URLs? ’ – This is really a question I’ve been asked on many occassions by bloggers attempting to optimize their blogs for Search engines like google. The theory is that if you're writing a blog about matchsticks which your ranking will be higher if you domain name has ‘matchsticks’ within the URL.

Excellent theory – but does it work? Has anybody tested it?

It seems that now we can easily back the theory up with a test run through WebProNews who identified that at least in the matter of the major search engines like Google, MSN and Yahoo that keywords within URL do help.

So how really does this impact the way in which we blog? In my mind there are a variety of take home messages within this:

1. Pick your url of website wisely when starting a blog. I learned this the hard way with certainly one of my blogs that i started on the run one day and later changed the particular focus of. I now have a blog that has a domain name that barely pertains to my site – DOH!

2. Try to configure your website so that keywords of individual posts feature within the permalinks of every page. For example you’ll see that this blog utilizes the title of every individual post in the URL. When I swapped to this particular method of setting up my URLs I noticed a 30% enhance in traffic inside of a week to my blogs – it truly does work.

3. Keywords in URLs usually are not the be all and also end all. I mentioned in point 1 which i have a blog that doesn’t have appropriate keywords within its URL – I should also mention right here which that blog is my most highly visited blog site and earns more than all of my own other blogs put together. The message therefore is usually to take a balanced approach to Search Engine Optimization. Keywords within URLs are just one of many (some claim hundreds) of factors in getting your blog ranked extremely on google.

Source:: This atop written content is based on materials provided by the ProBlogger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment